Service Lube Technician
Job Title: Lube Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Position Description: This position performs vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards and builds Customer loyalty by developing trust and ensuring confidence in Martin Automotive Group as a care-giver for their vehicle safety and reliability.
Duties & Responsibilities: The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Perform routine vehicle tune-ups and maintenance in an accurate and efficient manner
- Read repair orders to perform assigned tasks as written
- Perform only and all assigned tasks, per repair order that may consist of, but are not limited to the following (replacement of windshield wipers, tires, air filter, wheel well liners; perform tire patches, tire rotations, tire pressure maintenance, brake inspections, torque wheels, all fluid exchanges(excluding transmission fluid), windshield wiper fluid refill, PDI's, MPVI's and all item therein, an MPVI)
- Communicate any concerns regarding assigned jobs with Assigning Service Advisor, Shop Foreman, or Service Manager.
- Road-test & Quality Inspect to confirm vehicle's repairs will meet or exceed customer expectations prior to release of vehicle
- Communicate with Service Advisor if additional service is recommended
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and maintain Customer Satisfaction Scores
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Performs other duties as required, or assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent plus 1 year of equivalent/relevant work experience; automotive dealership experience preferred.
- Must be able to work extended hours, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance are required.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass an MVR and background check.
Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively. Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and verbal instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in written or oral form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on travel) in an office/industrial environment
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface, and also navigate uneven surfaces periodically, throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an outside Mechanical/Industrial work environment. The noise level in the work environment may vary, and at times be high. Employee will be exposed to natural weather elements which may consist of heat, cold, wind, rain, and humidity.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written, or implied contract for employment. Martin Automotive Group/Simi Valley Chevrolet reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Martin Automotive Group/Simi Valley Chevrolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Approved By: ____________________________ Date: _____________________
Reviewed By: Employee & Manager:
Name / Position